Nurse-Family Partnership: Software Developer
Location: Denver, CO
- Leads the design, development, modification, debugging and evaluation of programs for functional areas.
- Devises logic procedures, performs coding and tests/debugs programs and assists in production deployments.
- Works directly with the operational users to understand the business processes and needs.
- Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommends changes in development, maintenance and systems standards.
- Trains users in conversion and implementation of systems.
- Works with production support to analyze and fix data inconsistencies, business logic misinterpretations or code bugs in production environments.
- Proposing and documenting software design, analyzing requirements, and presenting implementation options.
- Embracing development best practices, and communicating clearly and effectively with peers, users, testers, and supervisors.
- Responsible for programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of core applications, databases, and utilities.
- Support the complete software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, specifications, development, change management, testing and deployment activities in accordance with Best Practices and Code Standards.
- Provides analysis and design support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Analyze applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects, which includes the design and execution of acceptance test plans to ensure a successful implementation.
- Perform thorough testing your own and other team members’ developed code. Develop system documentation for all developed applications, including design and technical specifications.
- Display understanding of IT computing environment and daily operations and understands the impact of planned changes.
- Provide tiered production support including limited on-call and participate in design and technical meetings.
- Track and report development progress and performance on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with SQL, writing stored procedures and complex queries
- Minimum of 3 years development experience in SSIS
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience using Visual Studio, .NET and ASP
- Minimum of 2 years writing user interfaces to a data warehouse
- Demonstrated experience with adhering to usability, design and development standards
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing
- In-depth experience with the development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical language and concepts to end user language and comprehension
- Demonstrated excellence and responsiveness to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully across departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
To apply: To learn more about the program and the national office, please visit: www.nursefamilypartnership.org.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter along with a detailed employment history and resume to:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
192 total views, 1 today