Obikosh: Rails3/jQuery/SproutCore Developer
Location: New York City
- Design and code highly interactive Web and Client-side UX.
- Work with product and backend teams to use big data to excite and engage users.
- Integrate cutting edge tools and frameworks, likely to include RoR 3.0, Ruby 1.9, Sproutcore, jQuery, Cucumber
- Join a team that is Agile when it makes sense, but always sensible, clever, open-minded and hard-working. Contribute to our engineering culture and development process. Practice BDD.
- Prototype new approaches fast — deploy early and often.
- Improve our development culture: propose new approaches and tools, automate annoying tasks.
- Troubleshoot and maintain critical production and testing environments. Diagnose and address issues whenever and wherever they occur.
- Run hard and reap the rewards with our tight-knit team.
- Help build our Ruby and client-side depth, mentor and train others, and learn a ton in the process.
- Play Starcraft II. Or maybe Rockband.
- We’re looking for Ruby and JS experience, but above all seek generalists who have lots of successes committing at every layer of the stack.
- You must write well-structured, readable, well-documented code. (Be able to show us code samples of which you‚Äôre most proud.)
- Ambitious, driven, and talented individual who wants to work on hard problems
- Team player who feels at home in a flat-structured, highly collaborative and sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong opinions about BDD, testing, deployment, version control and dependency management
- Ability to balance beauty and pragmatism in your designs and code. (Prove it with sample projects.)
- Deep Ruby and JS expertise (with a real passion for learning Sproutcore)
- Relational databases (Postgres 8 or newer)
- Linux: expert day-to-day facility
- Enjoy pair programming from time to time.
- Believe code review is a necessary part of the process!
- Believe the only way to deliver quality fully engaging with all stake holders.
- Collaborative Filtering and Recommendation Engines
- Search (scoring functions, clustering, distributed indexing, etc.) with SOLR/Lucene
- NoSQL Datastores (Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, etc.) and cloud infrastructure in general.
- A minimum of 3 years applicable software engineering, with a trail of outstanding references from peers.
- Referenceable projects you have coded from stem to stern, of any size.
- Minimally a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A driven, motivated, and talented small team that believes in working hard and reaping the rewards.
- High-energy, transparent work environment.
- Laid-back office environment: we are collocated with another company now and will move to a new space in the coming months. Help define your working digs!
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
To apply: Send the following to email@example.com:
– Cover email explaining why you want to join us.
– Resume in Word .doc(x), .pdf or plain txt and link to online profiles (Twitter, Github, StackOverflow, Quora, LinkedIn)
– Links to your code repositories and li
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
195 total views, 1 today