Location: Los Angeles, CA
What you would do: Were looking for someone who can develop capable, lovely user interfaces on our g-speak platform. You’d work with Mezzanine, our collaboration and telepresence product, and on prototypes and research projects.
The technology that we’re building demands that we invent a new set of user interface metaphors. As a UI Designer and Programmer, you’ll be responsible for helping us define the look and feel of our software, products, and platform. Your designs will help to define the next era of human-machine interaction.
We’re building out our core set of UI metaphors and abstractions by creating real applications and observing how our interfaces stand up to real-world use. Your responsibilities will include prototyping, refining and polishing gestural interactions, multi-device and multi-user designs, and rich user feedback. You’ll work with engineering and product managers to develop storyboards and specifications. You’ll design graphical elements used in our applications and for our core libraries.
What interface problems might you be solving on a given day at Oblong? Possibilities include visualizing how two (or more!) users interact with the same digital object; building a zoomable data visualization; developing a gesture for selecting an item in a list; developing a set of gestures to cover all functionality in a complex application; designing interfaces for mobile devices that interact with g-speak applications; designing an interface to teach gestures to new g-speak users; and writing and developing interactive and visual style guides for projects.
What we look for: Are you someone with an equal passion for building software and designing elegant user experiences? We’re looking for someone who might have a background in design and also have picked up programming on the side as a way to help build the things they want to make. Or someone who might be a programmer that spends their weekends reading about classical graphic design. Or any number of other unique design / programmer hybrids.
If this sounds like you and you have the requirements below, we’d like to hear from you!
• Comfortably able to write C++ (or proficient with an advanced creative coding platform like Cinder or openFrameworks)
• Experienced and in love with building interaction design prototypes in code
• Sensitivity to design details
• Comfortable or proficient with graphical software (Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar)
• Ability to work iteratively and at a fast pace
• Appreciation for user interface standards but open to the new ideas and designs demanded by Oblong’s new technology
• Ability to write design and interaction specifications
• Experience in designing for mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
• Web design expertise
• Strong data visualization skills
Benefits and Perks:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K plan
• Gourmet lunches 3 days/week
Please send a portfolio with your application, either as a URL or PDF.
Please note that only those applications with portfolios will be reviewed.
To apply: Please apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=o5QNVfwn&s=37Signals
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
750 total views, 1 today