Location: San Francisco, CA
What is an Odopod Senior Interaction Designer?
First, a Designer
Senior Interaction Designers at Odopod are foremost, Designers. They are problem solvers, analyzers, synthesizers, creators and communicators. Sure, they are a logical bunch, but our Interaction Designers don’t stop at conceiving systems. They hail from a broad range of design disciplines, such as industrial design and visual design. They’ve taken to heart the attention to detail required for those disciplines and apply that to everything they do. They craft documents that not only specify, but clearly express the distilled essence of their designs.
Our Senior Interaction Designers are empathetic souls compelled to understand client and user needs and goals. They can’t help but see the details and nuances. They imagine users engaging with each interface. They experience each swipe and click as users would. They are driven to make interfaces and experiences that are easier, more satisfying and more useful.
Our Senior Interaction Designers are always on the lookout for elegant, but nuanced solutions. They spurn rigid, prescriptive and over-simplistic approaches and love beautiful patterns distilled from relevant and resonant solutions.
Senior Interaction Designers lead others to create great work. They are in tune with the needs of the project from an interaction & UX perspective and guide others to focus on beautiful, functional design.
An understanding of web technologies and grasp of the tools is expected of all Senior Interaction Designers (Sr. ID). The Sr ID’s job is to create great interaction design schemes for clients and to help designers do the same.
• Inspire and collaborate your co-workers to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant work for clients
• Work closely with your team to execute on the creative strategy for projects
• Participate in all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality
• Collaborate with visual designers and engineers to conceive and prototype interaction models, information architectures, and user interfaces
• Expertly craft documentation to represent the user experience, including: product requirements documents, functional specifications, flow diagrams, schematics, and prototypes
• Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
• Work with Visual Designers to implement interaction design guidelines
• Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve our work
• Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
• 4+ years of experience designing software experiences
• Present a portfolio that represents a diversity of projects as well as a clear design perspective
• Experience working on small to medium-sized teams
• An ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under tight deadlines
• Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
Odopod creates meaningful digital experiences for consumers. These experiences show up on the web, mobile phones and a range of new platforms. We’re located in San Francisco, California. We work with bold clients like IWC, EA, Tesla Motors, Sony, PlayStation, Google, The Museum of Science & Industry, The California Academy of Sciences, and Sling Media.
To apply: • Send email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please, no phone calls
• Include a link to your online portfolio and PDF of your resume
• You must live in the San Francisco area or be willing to move here
• Please respond with "Your name : I
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
194 total views, 1 today