Location: Seattle, WA
URL: URL: http://www.k12.wa.us
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) is seeking a visionary and dynamic person to join the OSPI team as the Part-Time Web Programmer for the Digital Learning Department. This critical and innovative half-time position is based in the University District of Seattle, Washington. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit OSPI’s website (www.k12.wa.us
) to gain insight into the agency’s mission and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Developing and maintaining web applications and web pages for the DLD website.
* Configuring and maintaining database and web servers.
* Providing support for users of the web applications.
* Strong skills in the following programming environments: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PHP.
* Strong skills in HTML.
* Strong skills in programming database-driven applications with MySQL.
* Comfortable using source control systems, such as Subversion.
* Must have good attention to detail.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team and in collaboration with colleagues.
Reporting and Supervision
* This position reports to the Director of the Digital Learning Department
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and demonstrate successful mastery of each competency listed.
Desired Qualifications (Not Required)
* Experience developing AJAX-based applications.
* Experience developing REST-style applications.
* Experience developing applications that provide and use web services.
* Experience configuring and administering Linux-based servers, including deployment and configuration systems.
The maximum annual compensation range for the position is $40,000. Washington State has a generous benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, retirement, and an optional deferred compensation program. You can obtain information on health benefits at www.hca.wa.gov
and retirement options at www.drs.wa.gov
To apply: Those interested in this position may apply by submitting a letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement, a current resume, a complete list of five or more personal and professional references, and the optional
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
284 total views, 1 today