OkCupid Labs: Data + Systems Architect
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Background in computer science, mathematics, physics, computational linguistics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Ability to communicate clearly about data, algorithms, and their value.
- Practical experience operationalizing data-intensive solutions.
- Strong foundation in program and data structure design, with emphases on correctness and performance.
- Familiarity with Ruby
- Experience with large-scale algorithm challenges in the consumer web space
- Previous startup experience
- Ability to script experimental solutions and use off-the-shelf statistical analysis tools such as liblinear
- A fondness for functional languages, and an understanding of the value of strong type systems
- We’re a small but growing team where your opinion matters and your ideas become brand new companies.
- We work on solving the difficult problems of bringing people together, and we try to solve those problems through design, research, math, data, and running experiments.
- We work hard but also spend time outside of the office having fun. We bring speakers and food in, we send our team out to conferences and events, and we have a kitchen stocked with drinks and food.
- We have an awesome new office based in SoMa (right near South Park), highly accessible by Muni and Caltrain.
- On top of all of that, we have flexible hours, amazing benefits, and equity in the businesses we build.
- Your resume or Linkedin profile.
- Your github, blog, twitter, or code/work samples where useful.
- A quick note on why you’re excited to join our team.
To apply: TO APPLY, please click the following link: http://jobs.okcupidlabs.com/apply/M1Ikbu/Data-Systems-Architect.html?source=37SG
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
215 total views, 1 today