OpenPlans: Software Engineer for Open Source Transit Projects
Location: New York, NY
software group is growing fast and we are looking for talented
software engineers to help us build open source tools for smarter, more
business is focused on helping people get around cities easily, and
without needing their own car. We like bikes, trains, buses, cabs, shoes
and sharing. If you like these things too, you will enjoy working with
us to make them a bigger part of city life. Here’s what we’re looking
- Proven programming skills in Java & Python.
- Strong experience with tiered/layered architectures & MVC
standards such as JSON.
- A self-starter: able to take priorities and develop features with
the goal of getting them in front of users early.
- Ability to manage and document requirements that change often,
communicating requirements to internal teams as required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience with Struts, JSP, Hessian, Spring, Hibernate & Maven a
- Experience developing for enterprise systems (corporate or
government) a plus.
- Experience managing or contributing to open source projects a plus.
- Experience managing high-volume web services in the cloud a plus.
- NYC location preferred.
cities and open government. Since 1999, we have been building open
source software to power the civic sector.
multi-modal trip planners, real-time vehicle location systems, and data
management tools. Our customers include the Metropolitan Transportation
Agency (MTA), TriMet, Sound Transit, NYC’s Department of Transportation,
Ride Connection and other leading agencies nationwide.
competitive salaries and great benefits (all the basics, plus five weeks
of vacation). We occupy a gorgeous office in SoHo, and we have a bright
future. You will be surrounded by friendly, smart, passionate people,
and your work will contribute to the empowerment of civil society.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including links to projects you’ve worked on and your github/bitbucket/stackoverflow/etc. profiles. Let us know why you are interested in working at OpenPlans.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
309 total views, 1 today