Location: New York, NY
OpenSky, a well-funded NYC startup with ridiculously strong growth numbers, is looking for a few smart front end engineers to work closely with product managers, designers, software engineers, and retail specialists to build beautiful and engaging shopping experiences for our members.
We are mainly looking for intelligence, passion, and good instincts, but we are also looking for the following.
At a minimum, you must:
- know your way around Photoshop, Fireworks, or an equivalent
- have lots of experience with at least one templating system
- be comfortable in a UNIX shell (or eager to learn)
You should be prepared to have intelligent, informed conversations about subjects like:
- typography on the web
- approaches to supporting as many user agents as possible
- factors which contribute to performance problems in web UIs
You should also be able to point to real examples of web UIs you’ve built which are simple and beautiful but which show sophistication and thoughtfulness in how they are built.
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Would it kill you to also include a thoughtful cover letter?
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
189 total views, 1 today