Location: Boston, MA
Senior UX Developer
Optaros is seeking a Sr. UX Developer to help us create innovative, award-winning websites for some of the world’s best brands. The Sr. UX Developer is a senior individual contributor in a hands-on role responsible for prototyping and implementing a web application’s presentation tier. While the ideal candidate’s passion is user interface development, s/he also has some skill in interaction design, information architecture, and/or visual design.
If you love working with clients, can think outside of the box, and get jazzed about developing websites used by millions of consumers, then we want to talk to you!
- Create prototypes to explore design ideas, support usability testing, and obtain buy-in
- Produce clean, easy-to-read, semantic HTML markup and CSS, adhering to W3C specifications and best practices
- Apply techniques for cross-browser and cross-platform interface development
- Assist with requirements gathering and user interface design
- Experience in consulting and the ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive on short projects with tight deadlines
- Experience using presentation layer scripting languages (e.g., PHP, JSP) and web application frameworks (e.g., Symfony, Drupal, Magento)
- 4+ years experience as an interface developer with some leadership/mentoring experience
- Well-developed oral, written, client management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating core requirements and design deliverables, such as user profiles, scenarios, and wireframes
- Ability to translate business and user requirements, visual design compositions, and wireframes into functioning presentation layer markup, style, and interactions
- Ability to collaborate with technical team members and to mentor junior colleagues.
- Willingness to travel to client locations and collaborate with distributed teams as needed
Our employees love working here! Check out what some Optarians have to say:
“The people are why I love my job. I wake up every morning and truly look forward to being with a great group of folks.”
“I like that I have a lot of self-management and autonomy to do my job as I best see fit to do it, to implement my UX solution. I like that I can steer the particular flavor of my role in a direction that is suited to me.”
“Simply put, Optaros attracts the very best talent. I am always learning and being supported by what I consider to be the creme of the web consulting industry. We have a industry leading talent and get to work on some of the most progressive project with A List clients. From day one of working at Optaros, I have had the pleasure to work with the very best talent in our industry who continually help and push me to grow. “
“I love a lot of things about this job. Everyone here is very laid back and personable – we don’t have that “corporate-y” feeling, but we’re also not in start-up mode. It’s a nice middle ground. Also, coming from someone who likes doing something different every so often, I really love that none of our projects last longer than a few months – or if they do, that I will likely swap out onto a different project part-way through. Having my work environment change (virtually speaking, that is) every so often really helps to work with different technologies and – just as importantly – let me not feel like I’m in a rut. That guarantees I’ll never be bored here.”
“I enjoy working at Optaros because I am surrounded by people who love to solve problems. We collaborate very well and the culture emphasizes creativity and innovation to build solutions! Our strength is our people and that’s why we have loyal clients.”
To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com indicating "Sr UX Dev, Boston, [your first and last name]" in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
1627 total views, 2 today