Location: Washington, DC
Senior Web Developer
Optoro—a rapidly growing e-commerce and software business—is looking for two Senior Web Developers to help us extend and enhance our Ruby-on-Rails-based web applications.
Successful candidates will join an energetic, creative, and forward-thinking team in creating dynamic Ruby on Rails applications to drive Optoro’s internal process and to sell its product on a high-visibility, destination e-commerce website.
Our tech team will be small, yet powerful, with each member a heavy-hitter making a competitive salary and eligible for equity options in our profitable and well-capitalized business.
As we are always looking to push the technological envelope, you should be both at the forefront of new technologies (web, mobile, etc.) and at home with current standards in web programming.
Our ideal candidates:
- Are excited about Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Either know Rails or have demonstrated superior understanding of web technologies and are willing to learn quickly
- Are passionate about good, clean code
- Are comfortable working in a team environment with technical and non-technical people alike.
- Have built and deployed apps for fun on their own time
- Truly understand open source and are passionate about open code
- Are comfortable with git and is not afraid of leaving the IDE
- Stay on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Growing, profitable, and well capitalized; in business since 2004
- A young, energetic team based in the Washington, DC area
- Laid-back and results-oriented
- In Lanham, MD, by Route 50 and the Beltway, conveniently accessible from the DC metro region and Baltimore (many folks live in downtown dc – 20 min away and never any traffic:)
- Competitive salary and equity component in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits: 401k, full health, paid time off, company lunches, and flexible schedules
- This is a full-time position.
To apply, please send your resume and some code you’ve written that you’re proud of (language and framework do not matter) to email@example.com
. Preferably include your github username and a web application you have created.
Optoro partners with major retailers around the country to help them remarket their overstock and returned merchandise using a proprietary multi-channel online selling solution. We allow our clients to recover significantly greater value than through a traditional liquidator. For further information, please visit www.optoro.com
Finally, some keywords about technologies we use:
To apply: Send your resume and some code you’ve written that you’re proud of (language and framework do not matter) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferably include your github username and a web application you have created.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
169 total views, 1 today