Outside.in: Hyperlocal Software Engineer, Scala/Java
Location: New York, NY
- Design and build new approaches to organize the web around your neighborhood.
- Develop a massively scalable processing pipeline to make sense of the millions of hyperlocal blog posts and news stories, status updates and check-ins, images and events created every day.
- Take advantage of our expanding technology stack, currently including Scala, Java, RoR, Hadoop, SOLR/Lucene, MongoDB and Postgres. We are a small team and we work on everything.
- Join a team that is Agile where it makes sense, but always sensible, clever and hard-working.
- Develop and expand predictable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Prototype new concepts and approaches fast — and then unleash them into the wild.
- Continuously improve our development environment by proposing new approaches, tools, and automating brainless tasks
- Troubleshoot and maintain production and testing environments. Contribute to diagnosing and solving performance issues whenever they occur
- Execute with a dedicated band of product, design and QA teammates
- Build our Scala depth and move the community forward
- Write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code. (Be able to show us code samples of which you’re most proud.)
- Ambitious, driven, and talented individual who wants to work on hard, game-changing problems
- Team player who feels at home in a flat-structured, highly collaborative environment.
- Informed opinions about testing, deployment, version control and dependency management
- Ability to balance beauty and pragmatism in your designs and code. (Prove it with sample projects.)
- Love of well-designed APIs. (Be prepared to tell us about about your favorite APIs and why you think are great.)
- Java (real passion for Scala a definite plus)
- SQL (preferably with Postgres 8.x)
- Geo-location, geometry and mapping
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Search relevance solutions (scoring functions, query classification, text normalization, etc.) and technologies (SOLR/Lucene)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, etc.)
- A minimum of 4 years applicable software engineering, with a trail of outstanding references from peers.
- Minimally a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- A driven, motivated, and talented team that believes in working hard and reaping the rewards
- A hands-on management team full of startup DNA that knows how to build value for our users, team members and shareholders.
- High-energy, transparent work environment with brilliant people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed.
- Laid-back office environment in the heart of New York City’s Flatiron District
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
To apply: To Apply
Send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
Cover email explaining why you want to join Outside.in
Resume in Word .doc(x), .pdf and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
Links to code repositories, sample projects, live applica
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
159 total views, 1 today