Location: Santa Monica, CA
PaeDae is a fast growing start-up based in Santa Monica, California.
Experienced serial entrepreneurs, with multiple sold companies are seeking only ‘A’ players that are intelligent, optimistic, can get shit done, love learning, and want to be part of a team.
We have a game-changing technology in the online game/advertising space. We are investor backed, and have very strong traction with some of the worlds largest brands including Coca Cola, P&G, 1800-Flowers, Beachmint and more.
If you are a good fit, you will be joining a team of passionate, happy entrepreneurs that are looking to build a new kind of company where people are happy and thriving.
You will be an early employee of one of the fastest growing companies in the country that will grow to over $30M in sales over the next 3 years.
Before we get into the details of the job here are a few important points
1. This is an an entrepreneurial position, at an entrepreneurial company. That means you need to be be resourceful and creative but also follow the system and processes that will allow us to scale quickly.
2. We hire for culture and greatness. That means we are looking for people who want to do big things. You should be a well rounded person willing to give this job everything you have over the next few years. We are building something great and we want people who want to be great as a part of it.
3. This is a massive opportunity for the right person. There are pros and cons of joining an early stage company. Many times these companies fail, however we are led by experienced entrepreneurs who have built and sold multiple companies. You will have a chance to accelerate your career and experience levels. If you are a solid team player you will have the ability to raise in the ranks faster than at almost any other job.
Our Core Values:
• Tenacious execution
• Intelligence without arrogance
• Take the initiative
• Team above me
• Be a good person
• Respect for customers, partners, co-workers and investors
• Honesty & transparency
• Results focused
• Arete – reach your highest human potential
• Quality matters
• Communicate & share
• Never stop learning
• Never, ever, give up
As a ”Senior Engineer”, you will have the opportunity to build a world class product used by millions of users in an extremely fun and fast growing industry.
This position offers an excellent starting salary and an amazing opportunity to work with experienced entrepreneurs building a fun and fast paced company. We also offer an outstanding stock options package.
You will get a chance to exercise your programming skills to their full potential.
As part of the core team, you will have to opportunity to work on the software stack from back to front and top to bottom.
Our technology stack includes an advertisement server written in Ruby on Rails, multiple SDKs (iOS/Android), and other helping technology (Unity, Corona).
The stack is hosted on Amazon EC2 using the following components: PostgreSQL, Memcached, NGINX, & Zabbix.
Senior Engineers should be able to handle production operations and answer the age old question of what stack to use and why in an educated and consistent manner.
You should be able to easily manage Linux servers and compile stack components from source code if necessary.
The ideal candidate should be able to work without being micro-managed, yet be able to keep in constant communication to keep the development flow going. You should be self-disciplined, be able to communicate effectively, and take pride in your work.
- Develop ad serving technology, analyze data, and optimize based on said data.
- Write & Test code, deploy to production systems, maintain existing functionality.
- Develop, Support, & Maintain SDKs to interface with ad server.
- Efficiently communicate current tasks, issues, and recommendations on engineering tasks.
- Effectively gather user input and bug reports and push updates accordingly.
- Extremely strong Ruby on Rails skills (or similar MVC framework.)
- Objective-C, Java, & C/C++
- Very Strong SQL skills, we use PostgreSQL.
- Basic design and HTML/CSS skills.
- Proficient developer, able to finish what they start.
- Built RESTful services in the past.
- Very strong Linux server management skills
- Experience deploying and maintaining production systems.
- Good sample code or projects upon request.
- Experience within the game sector
- Experience with big data & machine learning
- Experience with mobile apps
- Experience with the Facebook API
- Experience with personalization algorithms
FITNESS & OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES:
We offer complimentary gym memberships. In Santa Monica you have access to surfing, SUP and other ocean sports, amazing hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains, skiing at Big Bear and a day trip to world class Mammoth Mountain.
QUALITY OF LIFE: OCEAN, MOUNTAINS, & CULTURE.
Our office is located in the heart of ‘Silicon Beach‘ the best place in the world to build a company for one reason: quality of life. Santa Monica is an absolutely beautiful place to live and work. We take work seriously, but we also love to enjoy the natural beauty of Southern California. Los Angeles is a global cultural hub with world class music, art, entertainment and culture.
HAPPINESS AT WORK:
We take your personal happiness and that of the whole team very seriously. So serious in fact that our CEO is writing a book on ‘Happy Startups‘. We encourage daily physical activity, meditation, fresh air on our outdoor balcony, pets at work, and other happiness boosting activities. We know that happy workers do a better job and enjoy life more. What else is there?
Please, no recruiters. Direct applicants only
To apply: Apply online at: http://paedae.theresumator.com/apply/ASMjXy/Happy-Ruby-And-Full-Stack-Engineer.html
Or send resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
465 total views, 1 today