Location: New York, NY
At Patch.com we’re radically reinventing community journalism. We launched in February 2009, currently operate hundreds of local community news and information sites, and are rapidly expanding to many more markets and towns across the country! We’ve already won acclaim in the industry and coverage in the New York Times, Forbes, Newsweek, Bloomberg, NPR’s “talk of the nation”, “the news hour with Jim Lehrer”, and numerous industry blogs and web sites. In June of 2009 we were acquired by AOL Ventures. Well funded, and led by a management team of leaders in each of their respective fields, Patch is poised to become the largest pure-play local news and information platform employing professional journalists–and we’re always looking to hire bright new Patchers!
We have a spectacular Engineering team focused on solving complex problems. Our engineers work on fulfilling, self-directed projects and are actively encouraged to participate in open-source projects.
Role & Responsibilities: Back-end Engineer
As a Back-end Engineer at Patch, you will help to design, implement, and improve our Ruby on Rails-based local news platform. You have experience building and scaling user-focused web applications, and are a naturally motivated, independent and creative thinker. You bring an enthusiasm to your work, and a strong desire to ultimately take ownership of software projects at a small but rapidly growing company.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience developing database-backed web applications
• Strong familiarity with Ruby on Rails & MySQL (or a similar framework & DB).
• Comfortable with agile software development practices
• Experience working with Git or other VCS
• Excellent communication skills with both engineers and non-engineers
• Links to current projects a plus, open-source projects a huge plus
*Competitive salary and benefits package, including 401-K match and performance bonus. Patch Media is an AOL company.
To apply: E-mail resumes to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
275 total views, 1 today