Pax World Management LLC: Web Developer/Marketing Programmer
Location: Portsmouth, NH
- Reporting into Marketing, this individual will be responsible for maintaining the technical application backend of three websites, all of which use the Webiva (Ruby-on-Rails) platform.
- Ensure error-free maintenance of website data feeds from various financial market sources.
- Provide technical assistance for e-mail marketing campaigns and online advertising campaigns, including customized landing pages.
- Work with internal clients and the Marketing Manager to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
- Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations internally.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and other members of the Marketing Team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Communicate to the Marketing Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Maintain project plans and work closely with third party technology provider to insure timely delivery of initiatives.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- Significant experience with Ruby-on-Rails and the Webiva platform a plus
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized manager with proven project management skills working in a high volume environment
- Self-starter who assigns sense of urgency to tasks; able to work independently or in collaboration with other internal/external constituencies
- High degree of personal integrity, trustworthiness and ethical standards
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Web Developer” in the email subject line.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
292 total views, 1 today