PeopleAdmin: MySQL DBA
Location: Austin, TX
PeopleAdmin is looking for a MySQL Database Administrator to join our 24×7 Technical Operations team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in configuring, administering and maintaining MySQL database environments. TheDBA will be a key player focused on maintaining PeopleAdmin’s computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance. Performance analysis and tuning, patching, security, troubleshooting and issue resolution, and backup procedures will be key focus areas for this position.
- Query analysis and tuning.
- Hardware configuration and performance tuning.
- Implementing replication topologies.
- Profiling, monitoring, and alerting.
- Automating maintenance tasks.
- Schema migrations (strategies for minimal downtime, etc).
- MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines.
- Operating system performance tuning (RHEL5 / XFS / LVM / ext3).
- MyISAM full-text-search.
- External full-text-search tools (Sphinx, Lucene).
- Object Relational Mapping (Active Record and AREL experience a plus).
- Backup/ restore strategies and tools (LVM snapshots, Percona Xtra Backup, mysqldump).
- 5+ years of experience as a MySQL DBA working with SaaS web applications.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas in a manner that is easily understandable by others
- Experience guiding decisions relative to costs and benefits of different technical options
- Ruby on Rails specific experience would be a huge plus
- A degree in CS, EE, or MIS preferred.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
263 total views, 1 today