Location: San Francisco, CA
Hi! We’re Photojojo, and we’re on a mission to make photography more fun for everyone. We’re looking for a full-time Web Developer in San Francisco, CA to join our dev team. (Rad candidates outside of San Francisco also considered.)
We run the most fun online shop
you’ve seen, wrote a book
for Random House (5 stars on Amazon :D), have a not-so-small army of adoring fans, and we’ve been in the New York Times, WSJ, Wired, on The CBS Early Show and lots more.
We’re a (small) company with big dreams and big heart. We’re six years old, we’re profitable (whoa!), growing, and have a unique model that combines publishing and ecommerce.
We believe in hard work, and that work should be fun. (Last year we took the company to India, this year we went to Mexico!
) We support work-from-home and an open vacation policy.
We’re building to last and our customers love us.
We’re located in the Mission District in San Francisco, but we’ll consider exceptional candidates working remotely. We have lots of sit-stand desks, Apple gear, big monitors, roof access, fruit delivery, and our office is bike-friendly and homey. (Also dinosaur-friendly
We hire carefully. You’re gonna love your coworkers.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working on our homegrown PHP/MySQL e-commerce platform, running the gamut from backend business functions (warehouse integration, inventory prediction algorithms, customer support features, etc.) to slick front-end floursishes (go here, click the lever
You’ll have an active role in product direction. You’ll have real responsibility and freedom to architect code and implement your ideas.
We’re working on a sister brand to Photojojo called Material
. You’ll get to contribute to both.
You’re entrepreneurial, eager to make things happen, and want to work with smart people who respect what you do. Great ideas and strong opinions welcome!
You’ve got at least 3-5 years of experience building for the web, but you still stay awake thinking about this stuff just like you did when you started.
You’re not afraid to make mistakes, and people really really like working with you.
- Know & love PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JS & jQuery
- Have at least 3-5 years of web dev experience, working on larger projects and within a team
- Know when to make it good enough, when to make it great, and when to make it perfect
- Love photography and Photojojo!
Nice to have…
- Experience with OO PHP using an MVC framework
- Familiarity with version control (we love Github)
- Knowledge of performance best practices (CDN, SQL optimization, minification, caching, etc.)
- Experience with e-commerce and A/B testing
- Deep and abiding love for data and analysis
- Comfortable with basic Apache/Linux administration
How to Apply
Write us and tell us all about yourself! We’d love to hear about:
- Projects you’ve worked on and the problems you solved on each.
- Why this is your ideal job and why we must hire you.
- What features/products you think we should build.
- *EXTRA CREDIT* Send us examples of PHP you’re proud of — show us how you solve problems!
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
179 total views, 1 today