Location: Palo Alto, CA
Pinterest is a 7 person company building a platform to visually catalog things you love. Our goal is to change the way people discover everything, from the products they buy to the places they visit. Millions of people visit Pinterest every month.
Pinterest is well-funded by top tier venture capitalists and successful founders from companies like Yelp, PayPal, EventBrite, Bebo, Milo, Netezza and Behance.
We’re looking for web engineers who are comfortable on a wide range of languages and platforms. You should enjoy making decisions independently with little oversight. We push new code every day. Technologies include: Python (django), MySQL, Mongo, Solr, and Hadoop. We love Git.
- Recommendations – Developing recommendation algorithms using a graph database to connect users to relevant topics and users.
- Search – Architecting search to deliver relevant search results across users, topics, pins and boards.
- Measurement – Implementing real-time measurement framework to determine how effective new features perform across user cohorts.
- Speed – Improving site speed by implementing comprehensive caching, optimizing queries.
- API – designing and maintaing an API used in our mobile app and by third party developers.
Working At Pinterest
We’re building an environment and culture that is great for engineers who love building consumer products. We equip you with development tools of your choice, we push code daily, and we encourage code reviews. Most importantly, we surround you with designers, community managers, and fellow engineers who are passionate about building a service used by millions of people.
To apply: Send a resume and projects you have worked on to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
429 total views, 1 today