Location: San Francisco, CA
Pivotal Labs is a leading agile application development agency based in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in New York, Boulder, and Singapore. Process is one of the things that sets Pivotal apart; we use an agile methodology which means lots of iteration and lots of collaboration. We’re looking for someone who can deliver contemporary, beautiful, user-centered design in this sort of environment. That means someone who can work creatively, work quickly, and who has experience in interface, interaction, and visual design.
- Work as a team member with clients, developers, and designers.
- Determine best practice UI solutions for delivering features to users.
- Develop brand identities for start-up companies.
- Author style guides and prep for delivery to developers and clients.
- Create wireframes and mockups based on specifications and product requirements.
- Generate original assets, graphics, logos, and icons.
- Work in different aesthetic styles as appropriate to product and brand.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize work based on deadlines and input from Principals, clients, and developers.
Agile Work Environment
- Work in an iterative process, building out features quickly and developing design alongside product builds.
- Occasionally pair with developers and/or clients to design as part of a team.
- Develop best practices and systems for design integration within an agile development environment.
- Use Pivotal Tracker as a product management tool.
Create print and web collateral for Pivotal Labs marketing efforts.
Maintain the consistency of Pivotal Labs brand identity while generating new and creative content.
Make clean, easy to understand websites, applications and mobile apps.
Be creative, fast, and self-critical. Be collaborative and communicative. Have experience with web, mobile, and/or print. Have strong typography skills. Have experience working independently with clients. Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements. Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology.
Be committed to lifelong design learning.
Deep knowledge of Adobe CS5: Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, In Design
Bonus points: CSS, HTML, Ruby on Rails, Subversion/Git, photography, video, or motion graphics.
3+ years experience in related field.
Bachelors degree in design-related discipline (preferred.)
To apply: Please email resume + web portfolio to:
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
1006 total views, 1 today