Location: New York, NY (Soho)
Pixable is looking for a well-rounded front-end/user experience developer who is comfortable working across a range of web technologies. Applicants should have an expert knowledge of XML/HTML/DHTML/CSS with focus on cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup. He or she should also have strong object oriented development skills and experience developing rich, highly dynamic, client-side applications.
The person in this role will be in charge of balancing innovative new features with performance and speed for an optimal user experience, as well as constantly thinking of creative paths for the future of Pixable – generating feature ideas, and implementing them.
Applicants should have an impressive portfolio of web applications they have built. We favor candidates who can show us they have a keen product sense and will contribute good ideas for improving the product.
Founded in 2009 with roots at MIT, New York-based Pixable has already enabled over a million users to discover and enjoy their photos. It is the best destination to browse, search, and enjoy photos on social networks. The company has been featured in The New York Times, BBC, Newsweek and CNN, and has been highlighted as one of the coolest companies to work for by Time Out Magazine. For more information, visit www.pixable.com
. Photofeed is available online and on the iPad.
- Passion for building a great product that everyone will love
- Must have a good sense of aesthetics.
- Expert knowledge of XML/HTML/DHTML/CSS with focus on cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup.
- Experience in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Must have experience with Web 2.0 technologies and previous User Experience projects.
- 2+ years development experience.
- Strong communication skills – be able to communicate and work as a team.
- Extremely hard working. This is a start-up – long hours should be afraid of you because you own them.
- Familiar with unit testing, design patterns and component lifecycle development.
To apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
287 total views, 1 today