Location: London, UK
We want to build a web service that 50 million people use. If that sounds like fun, this listing was made for you.
What is Playfire?
Type in your Xbox, PS3 or Steam username and we’ll immediately download all your games, achievements, play times and more.
Using that we’ll then create you a stunning profile filled with unique, fascinating gameplay data, tell you what all of your friends are playing (and who’s the best), show you interesting content for games you’re currently excited about, recommend which game you should buy next, and tons more.
Think the Last.fm of video games.
There are so many amazing things we can create and we’ve only just started. You’ll be joining us at the beginning of this journey.
We’ve got a team of world class engineers who can literally build anything you design. What we need now is an insanely talented UX/interface designer to take charge and own how users interact with and experience the product.
You’ll work directly with the co-founder/CEO to decide where to take the product next, plan out different features, rapidly iterate through wireframes to find the right user flow and then polish the experience with a beautiful interface.
There’ll be a ton of different things to work on at any one time, from crafting new features to optimizing viral loops, interviewing users, redesigning key pages and lots more.
If you think you’ve got the skills to create one of the top 200 web apps globally then this is your shot to lead the entire design for a high profile startup. We’re after someone who wants to create something massive and is too ambitious to be satisfied with a life of merely pushing pixels.
You should be interested in
- Designing a social platform, rather than just making a page look pretty;
- Releasing early and often, using metrics and qualitative methods to understand how what you create is actually being used, then rapidly refining and improving the flows;
- Game mechanics and the psychology behind user behaviour;
- Measuring and optimizing engagement, retention and virality of what you design;
- Beautiful, intuitive interfaces that inspire people as well as get the job done (part of what’s cool is showing off your games and scores, so being able to make things look highly desirable/sexy for gamers is part of the job);
- Startups, small teams, rapid execution, having fun and making your dent in the universe.
What we’re looking to see
There are a ton of people out there who can make pretty things in Photoshop. You’re more than this. You start with understanding the person at the end of the keyboard, what their aspirations and dreams are, and use that to create flows and features that achieve those goals and keep them coming back for more.
We’re open to anyone from a self-taught upstart to a seasoned design pro; what we’re really looking for is talent, ambition and drive. We want to see a portfolio of projects you’ve designed that look good, show a clear understanding of what’s happening on the web and convey an intuitive sense of empathy for how real people use web apps.
- Competitive salary and equity in the company (we believe you’re helping create it so you should share generously in the reward)
- Blazing fast iMac, large desk, Aeron chair, ping pong and pool table and free beer
- Working from our bright loft in Covent Garden with ultra high ceilings and more natural light than you’ll know what to do with
- Free team lunch every Thursday (we take turns choosing the restaurant, the only rules being that we can’t go to the same place twice and it’s rude to wait for other peoples’ food to arrive before you start eating 😉
- If you’re potentially interested in starting your own company one day, we do “Startup School” most Fridays where one of the founders explains how to raise money, look through a typical VC term sheet, learn what to watch out for, best way of meeting angels, etc.
- A fun, relaxed, sociable working environment with no politics and a huge amount of autonomy over your working hours and style
- No set holiday limit – take what you need to perform at your peak. We measure outputs rather than inputs.
Lastly a little more about us
- Backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the world with specific experience in social networks and games, including: Niklas Zennstrom, founder of Skype; Michael Birch, founder of Bebo; William Reeve, founder of LOVEFiLM; Brent Hoberman, LastMinute.com; David Gardner, founding team at EA; Chris Deering, former chairman of Sony
- Founded by entrepreneurs with a track record for success with internet and video games companies (2 exits already)
- Over 400,000 gamers already using and loving the service and we have just got started!
It only takes 30 seconds. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to drop me an email and I’ll get back to you personally – you can reach me on kieran at playfire dot com.
We’re really looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply: To apply, head on over to our short form here: http://playfire.wufoo.com/forms/apply-to-join-the-playfire-team-uxui-designer/
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
174 total views, 1 today