Location: New York City
Technology startup in the events industry is looking for a Ruby on Rails web application developer to work directly with the CTO on-site in New York City.
Do you want to work with people who have the vision to tackle a problem that has until now been neglected on the World Wide Web. Do you want to work with people who get things done quickly, without endless meetings? Do you want to work with people who seek your opinion, trust your judgement, and let you focus on what you do best? Do you want to expand your own technical skill set?
Read on if you answered “yes” to all of the above questions.
Do you like to solve challenging software engineering problems and persist until you “know” you have the “right” solution? Is building with the latest and greatest Open Source platforms and frameworks incentive enough for you to work hard? Do you like to contribute back to the community? Do you know the difference between a standard, a protocol, and a RFC? Can you leap from a GUI to the command line and back again? Do you love to re-factor, but not gratuitously? Do you write unit tests? Do you use strong encryption in your work and personal life?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, then by all means, continue reading.
The current position offered is a 6 month contract. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. We are open to people of all levels of experience. Equity is a possibility.
- Interpret requirements documentation and provide feedback
- Write unit tests and functionality in Ruby on Rails
- Provide written testing instructions
- Conduct QA
- Participate in deployment, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to software engineering
- At least one year of experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Fluent english speaking and writing skills
To apply: Include your resume/cv in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
143 total views, 1 today