Posterous Inc.: Rails Architect
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Continuously improve the architecture of the Posterous applications with an eye for performance, scale and robustness.
- Help scale the Posterous Rails application and all supporting infrastructure to be able to handle billions, instead of millions, of daily requests.
- Assist in redesigning and refactoring existing code base to improve performance, modularity and readability.
- Participate in code reviews and help establish best practices across the engineering organization.
- Actively do hands-on development on complex projects.
- Mentor other developers in best of breed software development practices and methodologies.
- Represent Posterous in conferences and events promoting our platform and open source initiatives.
- Work with the product, engineering and operations teams to resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- 10+ years hands-on experience building highly scalable web applications.
- At least 3+ years as an architect responsible for highly scalable web applications used by tens of millions of users.
- Extensive hands-on development experience with Ruby on Rails in complex back-end environments with millions of transactions per day.
- Extensive experience creating service oriented architectures and RESTful web services.
- Expert knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL, including schema architecture and optimization to handle extremely large data sets with tens of millions of daily requests.
- Extensive experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Extensive experience with various caching solutions such as Memcached, Redis, Varnish, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with systems, network and infrastructure architecture.
- Experience with application sharding, database clustering, cloud deployment and configuration, load balancing, and message queuing.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences, from hackers to business partners.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Passion for social networks, mobile applications and consumer web services including Posterous.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To apply: To apply, visit posterous.theresumator.com and include a resume and why you’d be a great fit for Posterous. Posterous users wanted. If you haven’t tried it yet, please do, we know you’ll love it. If you love it already, then what are you waiting for?
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
186 total views, 1 today