Location: West Lafayette, IN
Senior Web Developer
Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
Purdue University’s Office of Marketing and Media is looking for a seasoned professional to fill the position of Senior Web Developer. Marketing and Media oversees the communication of news and information about Purdue to both internal and external audiences in print, photo and video, and via a variety of Internet platforms; branding and advertising; the Purdue Web site; and community partnerships.
With its flagship campus located in West Lafayette, Indiana, Purdue University serves diverse populations of Indiana, the nation, and the world through discovery that expands the frontiers of knowledge; learning that nurtures the sharing of knowledge; and engagement that promotes the application of knowledge. Purdue is a university focused on leadership and building a new model for higher education in the 21st century.
The successful candidate will create new and modify existing web sites for the University Office of Marketing and Media and clients. Develop and implement new features and functionality as technological advances and market demands warrant. Use current tools and technology to program web applications as simple or as complex as necessary to achieve departmental goals. Research, evaluate, recommend, and test technical solutions to continuously enhance electronic communication and data integration. Continuously monitor electronic communication trends, technological advances, and higher education web practices to serve as the departmental electronic communication expert. Oversee implementation of content management system to facilitate content use and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years experience in web development and application programming including conceptualization, design, production, and maintenance of web-based communication solutions.
- Proven success in designing and developing relational, database-driven web applications.
- Experience with current technology in programming, dynamic web site development, and creation of web graphics.
- Experience with online content management systems, video and audio production for the web, mass communication via email, and print production.
- Experience with web assessment and analysis and effective presentation of such.
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience managing projects and working independently and as a team member.
- Extensive knowledge of tools necessary for web development including programming languages, software, and technologies such as Java, HTML, PHP, MySQL, Coldfusion, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Strong knowledge of social networking and emerging technologies
- Exceptional visual communication skills and strong written communication skills.
- Ability to translate concepts into effective and functional electronic communication.
- Ability to research and learn new software and technologies and use them creatively.
- Degree in Computer Graphic Technology, Visual/Graphic Design, or related field.
- A check of criminal conviction records will be made for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: TIAA/CREF Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
To apply: Salary is commensurate with experience. For more details and to apply on-line, go to: http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Employment/, click on “Staff Positions”, then “Basic Search” and under “Job Number” enter #1000720.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
123 total views, 1 today