Purpose: Web Developer
Location: New York, NY
application development for anywhere from 1-3 projects and interacting
with the movement strategy and user experience teams.
- Implementation of web applications in various Ruby frameworks (Rails, Sinatra, etc)
- Implementation of front end user experience and design in co-ordianation with the design team
- Interfacing with design and strategy teams to advise of technical possibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Technology/Computer Science/website development or related field.
- Experience building full stack Ruby based web applications
- Other programming language experience (Python/Java/etc)
- Work well with others and thrive in a small office setting that is
fast moving and nimble, but not heavy on structure or hierarchy.
- Patience (see above).
- jQuery experience
- Web APIs (consuming and developing)
- Social Software integration experience (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc)
- Entrepreneurial or Startup experience.
- Agency experience.
- A love for Apple/Mac.
- Agile and TDD/BDD experience
- community involvement
- open source contributions
- Experience using and innovative thinking about using popular social media tools
- Demonstrated interest in progressive politics or causes or just a passion for social change.
preference for candidates based in New York City or willing to relocate,
but if you think you might be a strong fit, we’d like to hear from you
To apply: Please send your CV and brief cover note with Web Developer in the subject line, as well as three URL’s of sites you have worked on, with a description of your specific role in developing the site to email@example.com. Please reference 37signals in your
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
110 total views, 1 today