Location: New York, NY
FRONT-END DEVELOPER, QUIRKY.COM
Quirky is a social product development™ company that brings consumer product ideas from sketch to store every week and rewards the thousands of contributors to these products with a share of the revenue generated by their sale. Our products are regularly featured on blogs such as Gizmodo and Engadget, and we have been profiled by a number of publications ranging from the New York Times to Parade Magazine. We recently announced a partnership with the Home Shopping Network where we will have a regularly scheduled show to sell our products and tell our story. And we are also currently filming a reality TV series with The Sundance Channel that airs in June. Quirky is a funded startup with offices around the world and nearly 40 employees in our New York headquarters.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional front-end developer who will help us change the product development industry by making invention accessible to all.
As a front-end developer at Quirky, you will be responsible for:
* working with UX/UI designers and the technology team to create wireframes for new website and mobile applications
* rapid prototyping and user testing for new website features
* “cutting up” UI wireframes and graphic design elements into deployable web components
* building and maintaining the quirky.com website frontend
* establishing agile UI development standards & best practices
* cross-browser testing and mobile compatibility
* mobile/tablet UI development
At minimum, you will have at least a few years of professional experience with the following technologies and software. These are the tools that we work with everyday and that we expect you to hit the ground running with. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it.
* Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS web development
* Expert knowledge of standards compliance and cross-browser / mobile compatibility
* Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
* Agile, iterative development
Additionally, as your code will be deployed in a high-volume e-commerce production environment, performance tuning and testing will be critical to success.
Building a global product development company is no small task and we are seeking individuals excited by the challenge and who have experience with the following areas of our business. The more you can bring to the table, the more we will have to talk about.
* Ruby on Rails web development
* iPad/iPhone development
* Issue Tracking (Jira)
* Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
* Startup Experience
Ideally, you will have experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites. Attention to detail and dedication to quality are non-negotiable.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
354 total views, 1 today