Red Radiant: Chief Software Architect
- Complete mastery of object-oriented programming concepts (8+ years of professional experience using primarily object oriented languages). Familiarity with design patterns (GoF) is a definite plus.
- Solid understanding of machine learning methodologies, including both theory and practical (prior experience with implementation). This will likely necessitate an academic background in computer science/engineering, but all sufficiently clever applicants will be considered.
- Experience using statistical methods to analyze and mine large quantities of data in order to design maximally effective algorithms.
- Working knowledge of C++ or another compiled language (expert level mastery is a huge plus).
- Extensive experience with Ruby. Metaprogramming knowledge a plus. Contributions to the Ruby/Rails community are a definite plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Rails, including familiarity with its internals and experience writing plugins to extend the framework’s functionality.
- Experience with HAML a plus.
- Understanding of RESTful application architecture and the Rails routing system.
- Thorough understanding of the Software as a Service model, including backend client billing and account management.
- Experience deploying high-traffic applications and addressing performance requirements necessitated when scaling to accommodate exponential user base growth. Extensive knowledge of Rails application deployment and Capistrano a big plus.
- Expert-level mastery of SQL (specifically MySQL but Oracle is a plus), including knowledge of database design, optimization, complex queries and server performance tuning.
- Knowledge of and prior use of agile development practices including test-driven development, continuous integration, and iterative development.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities. Ability to effectively plan and organize a development timeline and meet deliverable quality and time requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (good sense of humor is a plus!).
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Extremely reliable and responsible. Able to work additional hours if necessary or be on call in case of emergencies.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines, including user interface/experience, operations and scientific/research.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The more creative your application, the more attention it’s likely to receive. This is your chance to brag–let us know why you’re the single most awesome engineer we’ve ever come across!
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
148 total views, 2 today