Red Radiant: Ruby Software Engineer (x3)
Location: Anywhere/Palo Alto, CA
- Complete mastery of object-oriented programming concepts (4+ years of professional experience using primarily object oriented languages). Familiarity with design patterns (GoF) is a definite plus.
- Extensive experience with Ruby (2+years is ideal, although not required). Metaprogramming knowledge a plus. Contributions to the Ruby/Rails community are a definite plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Rails, including familiarity with its internals (experience writing plugins to extend the framework’s functionality is a plus–show us your Github account!).
- Experience with HAML a plus.
- Understanding of RESTful application architecture and the Rails routing system.
- Understanding of the Software as a Service model, including backend client billing and account management.
- Experience with Rails application deployment and Capistrano a big plus.
- Expert-level understanding of SQL (specifically MySQL but Oracle is a plus), including knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Knowledge of and prior use of agile development practices including test-driven development, continuous integration, and iterative development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (good sense of humor is a plus!).
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Extremely reliable and responsible. Able to work additional hours if necessary or be on call in case of emergencies.
To apply: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re a one-of a kind software developer. The more you tell us about yourself, the better. Show us past projects. Show us your Github account. Show us personality (a well-written cov
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
140 total views, 1 today