Return Path: Software Engineer – Data Platform
Location: Broomfield, CO
The Impact You’ll Have at RP
At Return Path “Big Data” is a big deal! We’re swimming in data, terabytes of it, and we need a few smart, versatile software engineers to help us solve the most pressing challenges in the email industry. Our Data Platform team sees data about 40+ million mail servers every day, and builds useful products powered by all that data. If you love solving complex problems in a simple way, have solid programming skills and are passionate about achieving meaningful business results, then you maybe the right fit as a Software Engineer at Return Path.
As a Software Engineer here, you will be working alongside other dedicated and passionate engineers, product managers and data analysts, all focused on accomplishing big goals, like stopping spam and ending phishing. While you don’t need a fancy degree to work here, you do need to embrace learning and continuous improvement, have a strong technical skill set, and favor simple solutions over complex ones. The people we hire are pragmatic, versatile, data-driven and self-directed.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Practical and professional software development experience
- Very strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Perl, Java, etc.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following:
- NoSQL/Column databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Large volume data processing / ETL
- Strong SQL skills, Oracle PL/SQL experience
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- You’re comfortable working in a Unix environment
- You are interested in working in an agile/lean environment
- Endless ideas about how to leverage Return Path’s unique email data
- Experience tackling tough data problems with Hadoop
- Command-line scripting skills
- Knowledge of email technology, e.g. SMTP, DKIM, MIME
- Active contributor to open source software
The Return Path Experience
We expect a lot from you. We challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative work environment and a ton of learning and growth. The pace is fast and furious. In exchange, we give you everything you need to live a happy, balanced life. This includes great pay, open vacation (yup, you heard that right!), great benefits, flexibility and, well, whatever else you need. Everyone is unique and we pride ourselves on not having one-size-fits-all solutions. At Return Path you’re a person, not a title. What’s important in your life right now? Kids, pets, triathlons, church, tango, karate, yoga, parents, Pilates, pre-natal – we will support you through it all. Give and take. That’s a Return Path career path.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
479 total views, 1 today