Location: Boston MA
Are you a developer who loves design? A designer who loves to code? Do you want the freedom to be highly productive without all the red tape while working in a small, dynamic team with other smart and creative people?
Reviewed.com, a division of USA TODAY is leading a revolution of how people understand, shop for, and use the latest technology and consumer electronics internationally. We’re comprised of publications including TelevisionInfo.com
. We also publish internationally with CamcorderInfo.jp
In early 2011, Reviewed.com was acquired by USA TODAY, the leading national source for news and information. We now offer all the benefits of a start-up independent culture based in Davis Square with the stability of a larger organization. Reviewed continues its 13 year tradition of unbiased, independent, and unique product reviews and is growing aggressively – so we need smart, passionate people to expand our mission of providing consumers with unbiased scientific product advice. We pride ourselves on being an organization where great ideas are listened to and implemented. If you want to make a difference and play a role in the creation of something great that helps people, this is a great position for you! We’re looking for smart, passionate, hard working and innovative individuals to join our team.
* Building new sites and content templates using our custom content &product management system
* Design, build and analyze performance of new front-end features
* Support Editorial and Advertising Teams
* You’ll be using: Ruby on Rails, HAML/SASS, JQuery, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics
* 1-2 Years experience
* Understanding of XML
* Some experience with programing languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl, C#, or Java
* Fast learner
* Good sense of humor, positive attitude, and proven dedication
* Flexible hours
* Small start-up environment with the stability of a large company
* Opportunity to grow into any or all of three directions, depending on your interest:
1. UX design & development position focusing on new features, analytics, and SEO
2. Hard-core back end development, SQL tuning, caching optimizations, test suites
3. Building advanced ad serving systems with user targeting and management tools
Reviewed.com started in 1997 with the launch of CamcorderInfo.com, now the Web’s most comprehensive and popular camcorder review publication. Known for its unbiased and scientifically-based review methodology, the site became a model for ethical consumer technology review publishing that reliably meets the needs of consumers. Now the Reviewed network includes 13 review sites including CamcorderInfo.jp
. Reviewed.com has been featured on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” and “CNN Sunday” as well as in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and the Washington Post. Based in Somerville, Massachusetts and New York, NY.
Reviewed.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and links to code or sites you’ve worked on to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Ruby Developer" as the subject line of your email.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
258 total views, 1 today