Location: Boston, MA
Do you like working on a variety of projects? Optimizing SQL queries one day and building new interactive UIs the next? We’re looking for a full time web software developer to help design and build cutting-edge tools for search-optimized, high-value web content.
Reviewed.com, a division of USA TODAY, is leading a revolution of how people understand, shop for, and use the latest technology and consumer electronics internationally. We’re comprised of publications including
We also publish internationally with
In early 2011, Reviewed.com was acquired by USA TODAY, the leading national source for news and information. We now offer all the benefits of a start-up independent culture based in Davis Square with the stability of a larger organization. Reviewed continues its 13 year tradition of unbiased, independent, and unique product reviews and is growing aggressively – so we need smart, passionate people to expand our mission of providing consumers with unbiased scientific product advice. We pride ourselves on being an organization where great ideas are listened to and implemented. If you want to make a difference and play a role in the creation of something great that helps people, this is a great position for you! We’re looking for smart, passionate, hard working and innovative individuals to join our team.
- Design and build tools for content, ad and product management
- Design, build and analyze performance of new front-end features
- Support Editorial and Advertising Teams
- You’ll be using: Ruby on Rails, HAML/SASS, JQuery, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, lots of fun APIs
- 1-2 Years work experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying web applications (front-end and back-end)
- Some experience with Ruby on Rails preferred, but we’ll also consider those with good experience building web-apps in Python, PHP, Perl, C#, or Java
- Fast learner
- Good sense of humor, positive attitude, and proven dedication
- Degree in CS, Math, or Engineering or plenty of relevant work experience
- Flexible hours
- Small start-up environment with the stability of a large company
- Opportunity to focus on any or all of three areas, depending on your interests:
- UX design & development position focusing on new features, analytics, and SEO
- Hard-core back end development, SQL tuning, caching optimizations, test suites
- Building advanced ad serving systems with user targeting and management tools
Reviewed.com started in 1997 with the launch of CamcorderInfo.com, now the Web’s most comprehensive and popular camcorder review publication. Known for its unbiased and scientifically-based review methodology, the site became a model for ethical consumer technology review publishing that reliably meets the needs of consumers. Now the Reviewed network includes 13 review sites including
Reviewed.com has been featured on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” and “CNN Sunday” as well as in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. Based in Somerville, Massachusetts and New York, NY.
Reviewed.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Davis Square, Somerville
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and links to code or sites you’ve worked on to jobs at reviewed dot com. Please use "Ruby Developer" as the subject line of your email.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
323 total views, 3 today