Roblox: Senior Tools Software Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
- ROBLOX is one of the top ranked kids gaming sites on the internet, with over 5 million unique monthly users spending 20+ minutes per session.
- Our company is unique among gaming sites in that kids are the main architects of their own worlds. Core building blocks are used to create worlds and everything is customizable. Kids build their own social hangouts, invite others in party mode, engage in online chat and create virtual items using our site and 3D game client.
- We are a massively multi-player online game that uses physics to simulate the real world. As the site grows, the ROBLOX virtual economy continues to evolve.
- If working with cutting edge technology on a game played by millions of users sounds awesome to you, come join our team!
- Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our monitoring and alerts system. Revamp the system, growing the metrics and the scale of information gathered.
- Author tools that reliably manage and monitor site activities. Were looking for someone to write clean, efficient, re-usable code.
- Build and incorporate statistical tools to look at metrics and to be instantly alerted when we move away from the baseline. Your success will measured by not being caught off guard, you will know the root cause of any problem and be able to resolve it before the user knows.
- You know how great it would be to create whats described above. You’ve been dreaming of the opportunity to work in a role like this.
- You don’t like 3rd party monitoring tools and instead believe in building your own.
- You are both site architect and coding wizard in one of the following languages: Java, C# or Python.
- You love math and statistics and have 5+ years of coding experience. What matters is that you’ve shipped and maintained mission-critical monitoring tools that many other people depend on.
- You have first-hand experience with what happens when tools fail and don’t want to have that experience again.
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Intelligent Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Good communication and organization skills with a team player mentality.
- Experience or background in operating systems, networks and security
- Familiarity with MySQL, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Linux (Suse, Redhat, or Ubuntu).
- A passion for gaming.
- Experience with PowerShell, Shell Script variant, Python, Perl.
- Please check out our website (roblox.com). Please let us know what your favorite virtual world is and why.
- Please send us your resume and cover letter.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/Rsfb
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
230 total views, 1 today