Rovi Corporation: Senior Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Location: San Francisco
Position Overview/ Responsibilities:
At Rovi, the Consumer Web team is building the best online experience in the world of television, music, movies and other video. We’re looking for a lead Rails engineer to join our fun and talented organization, and take ownership of important parts of our codebase. Our servers handle well over one million users a day and our developers deal with big data and cool problems. If you’re interested in pushing Rails to succeed at this level, drop us a line.
Here’s what we do:
- Design and develop the features and all software related to the SideReel.com, Allmusic.com, Allmovie.com, and Divx.com websites.
- Design and develop RESTful services for internal use.
- Design and develop important data management and analysis tools that control the ingestion and processing of entertainment content, links, and metadata.
- Work with Ruby (1.8.7 and 1.9.2), Rails (2 and 3), MySQL, Redis, Memcache, Varnish, Passenger, JQuery, MongoDB, and other associated technologies.
- Test drive our code, work in pairs, and practice a pragmatic agility.
- Have been in a lead engineering position on public Rails sites before – we love fast learners but are really looking for someone who will hit the ground running.
- Understand the motivations behind TDD/BDD and have fluency developing tests and writing code in this fashion.
- Have a great attitude – we enjoy working together, and hope you will too!
Skills that’ll land you first in the queue:
- Deep experience with caching & web performance/scalability.
- A track record of leading or working with Agile (especially Extreme Programming) teams.
- Strong skills and experience with integration testing and the quirks of Cucumber/Capybara/Selenium.
- Experience shipping a high-traffic Rails site or publishing a widely used gem.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
279 total views, 1 today