ScoreBig.com: Sr. Developer (full-stack) @ ScoreBig.com
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Back-end (server side code, API)
- Anywhere in between (our dynamic pricing engine, mobile site, big data anaylsis, etc).
- We take pride in what we do. We follow SCRUM, we believe in the Lean Startup philosophy, we practice TDD, write functional tests, and we do peer code reviews.
- You won’t get stuck in a technology black hole. C# is our language of choice and ASP.NET MVC is our partner in crime. We also use: nHibernate, Unity for AOP, Structure Map for DI, automapper, Jint, JQuery, Bootstrap, handlebars.js, RequireJS, and a few other stuff.
- You will get a first-class education. Not only will you be working with top-notch developers, you will learn from them too. , will also get to experience the growth of a startup first-hand.
- Do you use source control? Absolutely. Mercurial rocks!
- Can you make a build in one step? Check.
- Do you make daily builds? Of course. In fact, our Continous Integration server does a full build, runs all unit tests and automated functional tests after every code check in.
- Do you have a bug database? What do you think?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Technically we don’t. But we take bugs very seriously. As production bugs are reported, we triage them right away and if necessary, a developer is assigned to it and a hot fix is rolled out within hours. Otherwise, we treat bugs just like a user story – they are ranked and worked on based on priority.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Why, yes. We are a Lean/Scrum hybrid shop and we always know what’s important to the business and we work on high priority items first.
- Do you have a spec? Kinda? We are a SCRUM shop so we write stories. Plus, we are moving toward a just-in-time development process where developers are given problems to solve and it’s up to that developer/team to come up with a solution. So somewhere between day 0 and deployment, stories are written to describe what needs to be done with the necessary wireframes and designs.
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Not really. We work in an open space so things could get a little noisy. But you do catch random conversations every once in a while.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? You tell me. Here’s what the last developer we hired got: Lenovo ThinkPad T430(i5-3360M Processor, 8GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 5400M with 1GB of RAM, Intel solid-state drive), Dell 24″ UltraSharp LCD monitors, Whatever keyboard/mouse combo you want.
- Do you have testers? Technically yes. Did I mention each developer owns a story from start to finish? Learning and understanding the problem at hand, coming up with a solution, implementing the solution, and verifying the solution (unit tests, functional tests) are all part of the game. So we do have testers, but they tend to call themselves developers.
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Absolutely. Each candidate is expected to write code during every stage of the interview process.
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Sometimes. For internal tools, we do demos a lot before each feature is rolled out. But for our public facing website, we definitely need to do more.
- 12 free live-event tickets every year.
- All-you-can-eat snacks, drinks and sunflower seeds.
- Friday lunches are on us (and dinners any time you work late).
- Commuter Program.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- We regularly have Foosball tournaments, game nights, and Hack Days (check out our hack day video on our careers page).
To apply: To apply, go to http://careers.scorebig.com. While you are there, check out other openings we have like the Sr DevOps Engineer position and refer a friend for $5,000
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
427 total views, 1 today