Sears Holdings Management Corporation provides corporate services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its family of companies, including Sears Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.
Sears Holdings is seeking energetic and talented associates driven to deliver solutions for several custom developed customer-facing web initiatives. We are looking for Lead Developers, to introduce new capabilities and services for our customers. As a member of the team, you will have the chance to work on unique and innovative solutions on a multi-tiered JBOSS\Tomcat\MySQL environment. This position is responsible for working on the development and design, using new technology frameworks, and concepts to quickly deliver functionality for our customers. Some of the open-source frameworks and technologies utilized in these initiatives include Java 1.5, Ruby on Rails, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, MySQL, Spring, Hibernate, SiteMesh and Alfresco. The developer will educate and mentor other associates in complex technical solutions to meet business needs. The ideal candidate will have experience working on agile teams developing software in an collaborative and iterative manner.
• Develop applications and web site solutions using Java 1.5, Ruby on Rails, XML, REST, AJAX, Spring, Hibernate and other web technologies. • Drive innovation and new ideas that help us improve our customer experience
• Work in an agile environment (Some XP practices). Core practices include pair programming (when necessary), test-driven development, continuous integration, small release cycles, and collective code ownership.
• Lead and mentor other developers in coding complex technical solutions
• Ability to prioritize work and help them team assess impacts to timelines
• Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities.
• Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing web applications.
• Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
• Help research and recommend open-source and other technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation of our web sites
• Effectiveness of mentoring developers on coding concepts and techniques
• Willingness to adopt agile principles and techniques
• Deliver quality code
• Feedback on organizational effectiveness from team members and peers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Passion for the customer and technology 2. Bachelors degree – preferably in computer science – or equivalent experience
3. 5+ years experience in developing web applications using Java, J2EE, and XML
4. Experience with frameworks including Spring, Struts 2.0, Hibernate and SiteMesh
5. Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus – especially in the areas of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
6. Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired
7. Deep understanding of web services software architectural and design issues.
8. Works well in a collaborative, agile development environment.
9. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment 10. Leader or contributor in open-source Java software is a plus.
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
Medical and Dental Plans
Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long-Term Disability
Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
Business Travel Insurance
Kmart Advantage Rx
ConSern Loans for Education
Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
401(k) Savings Plan
Vacation Time with Personal Days
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply: How to apply: Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
323 total views, 1 today