SEOmoz: Super Awesome Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
- Does the Internet cower before your prowess?
- Are you a huge fan of the Daily Show & Colbert Report?
- Is your hatred for cubicles exceeded only by your desire to make the web a better place?
- Do you love the Venture Brothers (or at least promise to watch an episode after we lend you the DVDs)?
- Would you like to, on occasion, go to fun conferences in far-off cities like these — Chicago, London, New York?
- If you’ve answered yes to the above, congratulations! You’re our kind of developer and we can’t wait to meet you.
- Analyze, innovate, architect, design and develop software for frameworks, core technology components and end user applications
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical design document, and subsequently, actual products
- Write code and unit tests to deliver high quality products and technologies
- Maintain project timelines and meet all project deadlines
- Tackle unfamiliar problems and take the time to discover “best practice” solutions
- Work with QA to ensure highest quality for software deliverables; review and contribute to integration and regression test plans
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas to the business, including contributions on patents and IP as appropriate
- 2-7 years of recent experience in hands-on software design and coding
- BS/BA/MS/PhD in Computer Science (or a great reason for not having one, and believe us, there are plenty)
- Excellent problem solving, creative thinking and self-motivation skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Solid OOP and software design ability; should be able to create designs and write code that meets specified architectural objectives, including reusable, extensible solutions
- Strong design and coding experience in backend development, web UI development or both
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Java or other object oriented language is essential
- Willing to learn new technologies and work in whatever language is needed (we have tools in C, Ruby, PHP, perl, and more)
- Add energy to already energetic core team
- Able to clean up after yourself and refill the coffee if you take the last cup
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required
- Hard core C/C++ development experience, as well as the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies; experience with programming and debugging in complex distributed environments.
- Experience in open source technologies with broad skills in technologies such as Hadoop, CURL, Memcached, Boost, AJAX, etc.
- Strong SQL and data model design skills; experience with one or more databases (such as Oracle, SQL, PIG, Tokyo Tyrant, Cassandra (and Big Table), Mongo DB, SimpleDB and others) in a production environment;
- experience in open source databases (such as MySQL) is a big plus
- Experience with massively distributed and large scale software systems
- Knowledge of web services: both utilization and creation of APIs
- Strong platform skills in Linux/Unix
- Participation in the social web (blogosphere, 4chan, youtube, twitter, etc.)
- Know at least 1 challenging coding interview question, and at least 2 really funny jokes (we like to laugh)
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise class software company is a plus
- $12,000 signing bonus
- a relocation package of up to $10,000 to help move you to the Seattle area (if you’re not currently here)
- $5,000 shopping spree to outfit your office or home workspace with the technology (hardware, software, accessories, chair/desk/etc.) you need to do your best work
- Generous stock options (1 year to first stake, 4 years to full vesting)
- 21 days annual paid time off
- Opportunities to travel and attend/speak at industry events
- Paid Internet access for your home
- Multiple transportation options (Bus Pass, Flexcar, parking, etc.)
- Great benefits (medical, dental, etc.)
- Catered hot lunch Thursdays
- Catered hot breakfast Wednesdays
- Fully-stocked fridge, bar, cereal bar and all the turkey jerky and candy you want!
- Not to mention one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Swimmer-Remote-Control-Inflatable-Flying/dp/tags-on-product/B005FYEAJ8
To apply: Please apply here:
Or, to refer a friend:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
658 total views, 1 today