Location: San Francisco, CA
Sharethrough is a SF-based startup backed and advised by valley notables like Mike Maples, Steve Blank, Dave Mclure, and Eric Ries. We are changing the way brands market themselves online. Sharethrough has run hundreds of campaigns for brands like Sony, Xbox, Audi and Disney.
Having significant revenue since day one, we are now growing our engineering team to develop products that address the gaps advertisers and publishers experience. Already companies like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon have closed this gap with custom built native advertising experiences – we plan on doing this for the rest of the Internet. For more information see: http://www.sharethrough.com/engineering/
The Job: Software Engineer – Backend (Ruby on Rails)
Addressing a broad set of challenges across the entire stack, we need RoR engineers who are interested in acquiring both a breadth and depth of knowledge across one of more of these areas:
-Analytics: Data collection and processing at scale; Hadoop on Amazon EMR (Cascalog, Pig, etc.)
-Applications Platform: Rails 3 on EC2 (Heroku)
-Third-Party Integrations: Rails 3 and w/Backbone.js
* Demonstrable experience with Ruby on Rails
* Experience with Test Driven Development via RSpec and/or Shoulda
* Experience deploying a production web application with significant traffic
* Strong communication skills and demonstrated success in a cross-functional team
* Experience with Rails3, Backbone.js and Jasmine
* Experience scaling web applications
* Experience with API design
WORKING ENVIORNMNET PERKS
* Voted 2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
* Located in San Francisco’s Financial District minutes from the Ferry Building and Chinatown.
* A rigorously test-driven and committed engineering culture that allows our team to usually work 9-5pm days.
* Competitive salary and stock options
* 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental insurance
* Generous vacation and sick days when you need them
* Regular team indoor rock climbing outings (if you don’t know how, we will teach you!).
* Catered lunches and snacks and drinks galore!
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/2bixn
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
247 total views, 1 today