Sharethrough: Software Engineer – Dev Ops
Location: San Francisco, CA
Were looking for engineers with serious ops chops to own our application infrastructure and analytics pipelines. As an early member of the team, you will define how Sharethrough operates at scale – creating the tooling and systems that facilitate rapidly iterating and experimenting with new infrastructures (Kafka vs. Chukwa vs. Flume? You tell us!).
What Youll Be Doing
* Designing, building, and maintaining our application serving and reporting infrastructure
* Providing a highly available and secure infrastructure
* Automating provisioning, configuration and deployment using tools like Chef and Capistrano
* Capacity planning and performance tuning
* Recommending and developing tools to scale operations
Right in Your Wheelhouse
* Operating a large-scale Internet presence (dozens of Linux instances)
* Ability to identify opportunities and set infrastructure priorities
* Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Ruby, Perl, Python)
* Knowledge of security and storage (SQL, etc.)
It Would Be Cool if You Had Experience With
* Provisioning and monitoring Amazon Web Services (EC2, EMR, etc.)
* Tuning a Ruby on Rails application
* Deploying with Cap and configuring with Chef (solo)
We are a technology company leading the charge towards a post-advertising era. Were working with brands like Volkswagen and Old Spice to create a monetization platform for publishers using our suite of non-interruptive and choice-based products.
Located within walking distance to the Ferry Building and voted one of the "2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area,â? weâ re a revenue-positive startup investing heavily in engineering (conferences, training and dual 27â? iMacs!).
Can you speak Rails, Backbone or Hadoop? Are you comfortable optimizing 100-instance Elastic MapReduce jobs over 10TB of data? Enjoy working in small, tight-knit teams with plenty of time for hack days? Were you off MongoDB before it was cool? If so, come join our amazing group of collaborative, friendly people solving complex problems at a massive scale.
* Competitive salary, stock options and a 401K
* Full medical, dental and vision coverage
* Generous vacation policy (We like to travel, too. We get it.)
* Commuter program
* Catered family lunches
* Unlimited drinks&snacks
* Happy hours, rock climbing and other fun stuff
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/2lpIX
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
277 total views, 1 today