Location: San Francisco, CA
Are you a Dev Ops Engineer with the ability to lead the creation of a scalable operations environment? If so, we’d like to speak with you!
Sharethrough is looking for an operations expert to work closely with our engineering team to own our ad serving infrastructure and reporting pipeline. As an early member of the team, you will define how Sharethrough operates at scale and define the technologies that get us there. You’ll be responsible for creating the tooling and systems that enables engineering and operations to rapidly iterate and experiment with new infrastructures.
What you’ll be doing:
* Work closely with engineering to design, build, and maintain our advertising and reporting systems
* Recommend and develop tools to scale our operations
* Provide a highly available and secure infrastructure
* Automate provisioning, configuration and deployment using tools like Chef and Capistrano
* Perform Capacity Planning, performance tuning and day-to-day system management tasks
What you need for this position:
* Experience in operations of a large-scale Internet service
* 2+ years of experience with Linux/Unix/BSD
* Demonstrate knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, SQL databases
* Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Ruby, Perl, Python)
* Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
Nice to haves:
* Experience with Chef
* Experience with Amazon EC2 (EMR, etc.)
* Experience tuning a Ruby on Rails application
* Experience with Hadoop and similar technologies
* B.S. in Computer Science
Tired of commercials before movie trailers? So are we. We believe the future of video advertising is about engagement, not interruption. The days of forcing people to watch lame commercials are quickly dying, giving way to companies like Sharethrough that are building distribution platforms based on user choice and social engagement. At Sharethrough youâ ll be a core contributor to our social video distribution and analytics platform, working with top brands and media companies like XBOX, Mercedes and Sony to shape the future of online video distribution.
Some Sharethrough highlights:
* Voted 2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area
* Located in San Francisco’s Financial District minutes from the Ferry Building and Chinatown
* Competitive salary and stock options
* 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental insurance
* Generous vacation and sick days when you need them
* Catered lunches and snacks and drinks galore!
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/2bj6f
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
244 total views, 1 today