Shotfarm: Lead Developer (PHP)
Location: Chicago, IL
participate in continued development of a SaaS B2B platform for the exchange of
media assets. The Lead Developer will supervise all application and website development
projects from conception to completion. As with many startups, this applicant
will be willing to wear many of the hats of his/her future team such as Systems
Administrator, front- and back-end Developer, and occasional Customer Support.
This team leader will need a proven background in both development and project
management and will be excited to spend as much time hands-on coding as
managing the team in the early months. The perfect candidate will have a true
entrepreneurial spirit and be up for the rewards of an exciting, funded
internet startup now in its fourth year.
- Lead a team of web developers to maintain and improve an
innovative SaaS website.
- Work with management team to understand functionality
requirements and write business and technical specifications documents.
- First responder to any live site issues.
- Handle all System Admin duties and interaction with
hosting provider. Maintain server environment.
- Develop and document best practices for web development.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging
technologies and solutions.
- Full-cycle ownership of application development including:
- Gathering requirements and scoping projects.
- Recommendation of development approach.
- Prioritization and distribution of development tasks.
- Creation of and adherence to a strict development schedule
based on Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Management of and participation in all quality control and
functionality testing plans.
- Deployment of updates to live site through SVN.
years of web development.
years of project management.
- Expert understanding of and skills in PHP, MySQL, CSS,
Apache in Linux environment.
- 3+ years experience with technologies around image
serving, such as Getty Images, Scene7, Fluid, RichFX or similar, with
particular focus on the eCommerce industry.
- Strong team management experience
- Successful track record of analyzing requirements, putting
together estimates, and delivering projects successfully and on schedule.
- 8+ years of relational database design.
- Expert understanding of subversion
with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, GSI, Netsuite.
- Live samples of prior development efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the
desire to work directly with technical and non-technical (business side) staff.
- Experience with WordPress customization.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- A creative mind that can produce unique strategies and
ideas for future functionality.
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Mike Lapchick at email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
200 total views, 1 today