Location: Chicago, IL
Shure’s User Experience Design group is looking for a talented designer with strong systems thinking, UX concept definition, UI architecture and wireframing capabilities. As a member of our team you will be working with other professionals to design powerful, effective, and engaging software applications. These software applications will help bring exciting features and functionality to new and existing Shure products. This position will work closely with the User Experience Design Manager, other designers, internal stakeholders and end-users to define requirements, design solutions and implement the final product.
· Work on projects from their inception to launch – performing tasks such as user analysis, requirements definition, conceptual design, interaction design and interface specification.
· Work independently and in collaboration with UX management and designers to rapidly product multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing and presentation to customers.
· Collaborate with product managers on product requirements and focus on the user experience, ease-of-use and efficiency of the associated software applications.
· Work with Engineering to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
· Meet with end users to assess and document user needs and use-cases
· Leverage rapid prototyping and customer interaction to make informed design decisions
· Draft detailed functional requirements for product development teams including graphical renderings of the design intent
· Review user documentation for accuracy regarding product features, proper usage and expected performance.
· Minimum of 3 years experience working as a UI/UX designer. Experience designing Desktop, RIAs or Mobile UIs is preferred
· Passion for usable, effective, attractive and clever User Interfaces
· Ability to work as a member of a fast-moving multi-disciplinary team
· Capable of proactively identifying and executing required tasks
· Able to think on your feet
· Competent-to-expert knowledge of design & documentation tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, Omnigraffle, AfterEffects and Axure.
· User-centered design perspective and understanding of related design methodologies
· Excellent critical listening, analytic, and writing skills
· Strong visual design skills and sensibilities are a big plus
· Experience with products for audio or video professionals is preferred
· Ability to travel 25%
· A portfolio of work samples is required
· Bachelor’s degree required
To apply: APPLY NOW! Please visit the Shure Careers page to search all open positions and submit your resume for consideration. http://www.shure.com/Corporate/Careers/index.htm
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
220 total views, 1 today