Location: San Francisco, CA
Senior Rails Engineer – strong on databases and a real bent towards scalability + architecture
The Signature team is looking for an experienced Rails Engineer to develop our new retail app. Currently in stealth mode, we are partnering with several leading high-end retailers to deliver an app that will change how retailers interact with their customers. This is a huge idea, with equally huge potential. We believe this is the future of retail (and our customers agree!).
Your job will be use code to solve problems
We’re looking for an Experienced Engineer to join our team to help build the future of retail. You’ll be responsible for using code to solve problems and building features from the ground up. You’ll need to have the ability to manage like a product manager, the technical skills of an engineer, and the perseverance of a hacker. You’ll be joining a 6-person engineering team, and working alongside other experienced developers.
- A real passion for solving problems, and shipping solutions that work
- Fluent in Ruby. We’re excited to check out some of your code samples on github or wherever.
- Proven track record in developing multiple internet applications
- Strong bent towards scalability + architecture. Understand async programming, fibers, threading, etc.
- Strong on databases. Databases are always a bottleneck, you should know databases extremely well.
- Knowledge of other imperative languages like Java, Scala, Python, C. Functional languages a bonus (eg, Erlang, Haskell)
- Interest / experience in Heroku or other PAAS like EngineYard, etc
- Knowledge of Node, Hadoop, Cassandra, CouchDB and Redis.
- Devops experience (kinda goes hand in hand with scalability)
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about your work
- Strong communication skills
- Smart and humble
- Equal willingness to learn and teach
Working at Signature
At Signature, we’re fanatical about our company culture. We’re looking for team members who share a passion for these core values:
- Be passionate
- Be intellectually curious
- Over invest in communication
- Put the team first
- Act as the owner
- Be scrappy and adventerous
We are a fast growing San Francisco-based company backed by two top-tier Venture Capital firms and a group of prominent angel investors. The team is based at 330 Townsend Street, San Francisco.
We have a stocked partnership pipeline of more work than our resources can handle right now, so you’ll need to hit the ground running from Day 1.
To apply: Like what you read and think you fit the bill? Please contact us; we’d love to meet for coffee!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
295 total views, 1 today