Simon & Schuster: Ruby on Rails/Agile Developer – New York City
Location: New York, NY
Scrum/XP/Agile team in midtown Manhattan looking for an experienced Rubyist or experienced Java/C# developer interested in learning Ruby.
We are an established, five developer Scrum/XP team. We have a dedicated scrum master and we collaborate closely with our product team.
Our team contains experienced rails developers who pair program, extensively test and deploy predictably on a weekly iteration cycle. We emphasize work/life balance, sustainable pace and collaborative feature development in a collegial
Work entails creating and maintaining Ruby on Rails websites and other consumer digital products for Simon & Schuster, a leading English Language trade publisher. Position reports directly to VP Engineering for Simon & Schuster Digital. Simon & Schuster is a women-run organization, an equal opportunity employer and a part of CBS Corporation.
Join a good team. Get a full-time job with benefits. Help us figure out the future of trade publishing. Gain access to Simon & Schuster’s thousands of books through our employee physical and ebook programs.
Skills & Requirements
– 2-3 years professional experience working with Ruby on Rails or equivalent experience in object oriented languages such as Java, C# or PHP and willingness to learn Ruby.
– Experience with Agile Extreme Programming (XP) development and Scrum lifecycle practices, or a strong desire to learn including: pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, iterative delivery, retrospection
– Interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with cross-functional team and to communicate with executive sponsors
– Ability to work on-site in Midtown Manhattan
– Experience implementing semantic HTML/CSS
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
2910 total views, 1 today