Location: Chicago, IL
Sittercity is a growing, Chicago-based web company looking for people passionate about building software. The role requires advanced programming skills, excellent problem solving abilities, and the desire to turn new product ideas into clean code — quickly. Youll be working as part of an agile team comprised of skilled, front-end designers, software engineers, system administrators, QA engineers and product owners all contributing to the core Sittercity site.
We have a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.Â Our office is downtown, with great views of the city, on-site yoga, pilates, and healthy snacks in the fridge. This is a full-time, on-site position offering health care benefits, 401K, but most importantly, the chance to make a huge impact.
Design and guide development of our next-generation software and services platform
* Continually improve your own skills and those of the the development team by contributing to code reviews, ad-hoc design sessions, hack nights, and new technology reviews
* Participate in the agile development process by estimating user stories, breaking down stories into tasks, and providing feedback into the process
* Develop prototypes, proof-of-concepts, and complex site features
* Help solve issues in real-time as part of our Technology Operations SWAT team
* Get to know Sittercitys team and customers to better translate requirements into working solutions
* Prior experience in a medium to large-scale Ruby web environment
* Advanced skills in one or more major programming language
* Well-rounded understanding of development and technology operations
* Exceptional problem solving skills
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
* Attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Ability to work on-site on a fast-paced team
* A college or university degree in Computer Science or related fields
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and conducts background checks on all employees.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/33z2p
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
391 total views, 1 today