Location: San Francisco, CA
About the company
Heavy Bits is a San Francisco based startup founded by Daniel Raffel and Steve Krulewitz. Daniel was a engineer and product lead at Yahoo where he helped create and launch Yahoo Pipes
. In a former life he worked as a 4-star chef under Thomas Keller at a restaurant in NYC called Per Se. He met Steve at Songbird
where the two worked together on developing a open source music player. Steve went on to become a engineer on Chrome at Google. The two decided to form a company together and in June 2011 they announced
they had raised over $2 million from Index Ventures, Atlas Venture, SV Angel, Michael Arrington, Dave Morin, and Gary Clayton.
About the product
SnapGuide is a mobile service that lets people publish step-by-step “how to” guides consisting of photos, videos and text. To learn more, come checkout a demo!
We are a small, agile team that believes that engineers should be familiar with the entire stack of technology we use. Specifically, engineers are responsible for:
- Building a scalable back-end web service to handle collaborative document editing, social functions, and media processing.
- Building fast, easy to use, and great looking mobile and web clients.
- Deploying infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
Qualifications – Requirements
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Dedication to writing high quality, well tested code.
Qualifications – Bonuses / Nice to have
- Github account with some publicly viewable code / contributions.
- Interest in working with new technologies such as backbone.js, node,js, CoffeScript and SASS.
- iOS or Android experience.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. If you don’t live in the SF Bay Area we can offer a relocation package.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Extremely competitive.
To apply: email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
330 total views, 1 today