Location: New York, NY
Snooth Media is seeking an experienced and creative designer to help build and maintain the world’s largest wine review site. You’ll work alongside a smart and dedicated team of designers and engineers to build the next generation of the site. If you enjoy the challenges and opportunity of working with a startup with the benefits of a mature company, Snooth may be for you. Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of professional experience working with semantic and cross-browser HTML and CSS. The ability to hand code standards compliant HTML is a requirement. You should be as comfortable in Photoshop as you are in a text editor.
The product development environment at Snooth is fast paced and exciting. If you are interested in finding scalable ways to approach everything you do from shopping for groceries to designing and creating comps of new site features, you’re exactly the type of designer we are hoping to find.
Skills Needed: (You should have…)
* Advanced level HTML knowledge (2-3 years)
* Advanced level CSS knowledge (2-3 years)
* Advanced level Photoshop skills (3+ years)
* Comfortability coding semantic HTML by hand
* Intimate understanding of the difference between the browsers with respect to rendering HTML
Requirements: (You should…)
* Be able to demonstrate that the above is true
* Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Be a team player
* Have a keen eye for web and print design
* Be detail-oriented, willing to get your hands dirty and ability to move fast while making minimal mistakes
* Enjoy design as a leisure activity
* Understand that usability is a multi-step process and requires being a user first and foremost
This is a full-time position based in our lower Manhattan office. No recruiters. Qualified candidates only please. This is not an entry-level position.
Snooth Media is a collection of next-generation epicurean lifestyle properties, including snooth.com, the world’s largest and fastest growing wine site. We power the wine results for companies such as Time Inc, Conde Nast and others, reaching a monthly audience of over 10M uniques. We’re a nimble, New York based, venture capital backed company and a great place for smart, hard working people to make a difference and help us define digital media today.
To apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us at jobs (at) snooth.com with the subject line "Web Designer." Please include items from your portfolio (both HTML code and design comps) that demonstrate your work as well as salary requirements.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
300 total views, 1 today