Location: Madison, WI
When it comes to everyday life, Sony Electronics is there. Our products electrify the senses — music, video, photos, laughter and sheer emotion. As a consumer, you feel it across our cool products. And as part of our team, you’ll feel the excitement of working for the best brand in the world. Step inside Sony Electronics, and watch our Talent at Work extend nearly 60 years of entertainment history. This is life at its creative best. This is Life at Play.
As a part of Sony Electronics’ engineering team you can ensure that what we produce is just as extraordinary as the ideas that inspire us. While we run on fearless creativity and innovation, our engineers make certain that everything we do is of the highest quality. Every day, they work with advanced technologies, including some that most people never even thought possible. Some may call it magic; we call it a commitment to innovation, quality, and style and design.
Sony Creative Software located in Madison, WI, is looking for a Staff Software Engineer. Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company’s professional applications. With the help of our localized products, our customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists.
The Staff Software Engineer must be passionate about creating state-of-the-art media production applications using their excellent C++ skills. Ideally you have a background in digital video and DVD/Blu-ray technologies, the ability to learn quickly, and a track record of developing and shipping high quality, amazing software. The ability to work closely with other team members and networking with key domain contacts outside your own area of expertise are key success skills for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent) is required
- Must have 6 to 10 years of related code writing engineering experience
- Expertise in advanced Windows application development is required
- Must have strong background in object oriented design and development and highly proficient in C/C++
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization in both verbal and written forms
- Experience with Win32 GUI application development, multi-threading, STL data structures and algorithms
- Strong experience with C/C++, .NET, C#, Perforce, Visual Studio, defect tracking systems, and scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in unit test development as part of software development is required
- Mac OS X platform development experience a plus
- Expertise in algorithm development, performance optimization issues, and 64-bit development a plus
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and infrequently travel internationally and domestically
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit:
To apply: www.sonyjobs.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
334 total views, 1 today