Location: Montgomery, AL
User Interface Developer/Drupal Themer
The Southern Poverty Law Center is seeking an interface developer/Drupal Themer. This position will develop interfaces for SPLC web projects in close collaboration with backend developers. The ability to take written and verbal direction is essential (as is the ability to think for yourself and independently solve problems). The ideal candidate has proven experience creating standards-based websites and is comfortable in a fast-paced, team environment.
We are looking for a talented, creative problem solver capable of brainstorming ideas in a group, turning those ideas into concepts, and converting concepts into usable, elegant interfaces.
This position requires a physical presence in our Montgomery, Ala. office.
• Expert-level HTML and CSS layout skills
• At least one year of Drupal theming experience
• Comfortable with Drupal core and module configuration
• Understanding of web usability
• Comfortable in LAMP stack environment
• Deadline oriented
• Understanding of SEO best practices
• Appreciation of open source solutions
• Familiar with version control (Git, Subversion)
• Familiar with mapping technologies (like GeoServer)
• Audio and video editing
The Center offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package. Relocation to Montgomery, Alabama, is required. For more information about the Southern Poverty Law Center, please visit our website at www.splcenter.org
The Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people of color, gays and lesbians, women and people with disabilities.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three URLs of recent work to email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
242 total views, 1 today