Spectra Logic: Senior Programmer/ Designer
Location: Boulder, CO
Senior Programmer/ Designer
Spectra Logic is building an ambitious product focused on intelligent disk storage. Our roadmap involves clustered systems, workflow for data-intensive applications, and even a new coat of paint on the chassis. (You can help pick the shade of red). We’re building this with the latest toys from the server virtualization and filesystem worlds, and we get our hands dirty in everything from hardware to kernel code to GUI. The last part is where we need you.
We’re looking for somebody to own our product’s user interface. You would be responsible for:
- Defining the GUI by working with the product owner, conducting user interviews, and studying precedent from related and competing products. And make ours better than theirs, of course.
- Building the GUI and REST web services using modern techniques. We’re using Ruby on Rails, so you need to know that coming in. If you want to change that later, make your case, we’re open.
- Working with the rest of the team to integrate with and manage systems-level stuff ranging from networking to advanced storage topologies.
- Testing the snot out of things. We’ve got fully-automated unit tests and system-level tests in engineering, and you’ll need to make sure our test guy has when the needs for bowser-based Selenium testing.
It’s a hard job with a diverse set of requirements:
- Competent to awesome programming skills with Ruby and C.
- Working knowledge of Unix-like systems. Have you used “df -h” in the last week?
- Aesthetic design sense for beautiful user interfaces. Remember when you got your iPhone and thought “wow,this is slick.” That’s what I’m talking about.
- Graphic design skills are desired but not required; knowing what you need from the graphics is required.
- Ability to work in an agile environment. You get two weeks of uninterrupted time, but the world could change at the next sprint planning.
- Must play nice with others. If you can’t work in a team, you won’t get anything done here (or most anywhere else).
Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why we should add you to our team.
Full Time, Direct Hire Exempt Position
Spectra Logic provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts, educational assistance, and company paid short and long term disability.
Principals only, Please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
253 total views, 1 today