Location: San Francisco, CA
Exciting Stealth Internet Start-up in San Francisco
Do you want to use your awesome powers to help connect people?
Are you a rock star Ruby developer?
Can you normalize tables in your sleep?
Do you like writing clean, reusable code using object-oriented and service-oriented paradigms?
Do you enjoy working on scalable solutions?
Are you a brilliant, problem solver who likes breaking new ground?
We are a very early stage startup founded by seasoned managers/serial entrepreneurs from PayPal, LookSmart and LeapFrog, looking to hire our first engineer. We’re still in stealth mode, but have already built a viral app with a few million users, and are looking to repeat that success to help us disrupt a large market. Our vision has a clear path to millions of users, a differentiated approach and leverages current and future social networks and mobile platforms.
Technology-wise, we’re using Ruby on Rails on EC2, with a MySQL backend and Github for version control. On the front-end, we’re using JQuery, and are heavily integrated with Facebook.
We are hiring backend Ruby and front-end HTML/CSS/JS engineers.
If you are a true start-up person and risk-taker who wants to be part of a potentially huge, new opportunity and you possess the required skills, please send your resume to: email@example.com
- Excellent knowledge and experience with both object-oriented and service-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Experience working with a version control system
- Proficient with Ruby
- Excellent knowledge of database theory; familiarity with MySQL
- Excellent knowledge of front-end web development, with experience coding W3C compliant XHTML and CSS
- Experience with third party JS libraries such as MooTools, YUI, Prototype, Scriptaculous, JQuery, etc.
- Comfortable working in a linux environment
- Self-motivated engineer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys engaging and problem solving with product and marketing partners
- Can thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
- Likes to have fun!
- Experience building applications on the Facebook platform
To apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
365 total views, 2 today