Location: San Francisco, CA
is a stylish social shopping marketplace with a vibrant and growing community of 60,000 shoppers and 3,000 online stores made up of bands, t-shirt companies, crafters, and more. Our online stores are 100% free to create, and we offer an easy store builder used by thousands of merchants all over the world. Think of it as “Tumblr for e-commerce.”
- Lead the continued development of the Storenvy marketplace, storefront design tools, and store owner admin panel
- Ensure the smooth processing of tens of thousands of transactions each month
- Own all the important technical decisions for the entire app
- Lead and supervise other engineers as we grow
- Oversee initiatives into mobile, social, and embeddable platforms
- Prepare the code and infrastructure to scale
- Work with the rest of team to rapidly plan, code, and launch innovative new features that change the way people buy online
- Preferred 3+ years experience engineering fast-growing Ruby on Rails applications
- Ability to improve performance of existing codebase
- Test-driven development (Rspec)
- An eye for style, design, and usability
- HTML and CSS
- Liquid Templates
- Cross-domain scripting
- Building APIs
- Facebook apps
- PayPal Adaptive Payments
We’re a small team and are looking for the right people to contribute their talents, creativity, and brilliant/crazy ideas to our mission. We blast music in the office, provide food for late nights, and encourage buying cool things off our website – on us.
We have a passion for enabling indie business and helping them find their audience, and we have no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks to tackle in pursuit of that passion. From social recommendation engines to search to cross domain scripting, join us to help re-imagine and redefine e-commerce for the social web!
This is a great opportunity to join the early team of an important project. (Pimp status.)
You’re meticulous and methodical about your code. You love beautiful things and care as much about form as you do function. You’re entrepreneurial. Your friends know you as the go-to person to help with their complicated engineering problems, but you’re also ok with helping your parents make their printer work… again.
You stay current on web technologies and are always thinking of ways to leverage them. You can think fast on your feet and are eager to share your ideas or voice your concerns. You’re autonomous, self-starting and reliable. You’re comfortable and experienced working with a small team in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy tasty food and fancy beer. (Not required, but a plus!)
Benefits & Perks
- Highly competitive salary and equity packages (based on experience)
- Generous benefits package including paid vacation, personal days, health insurance and more.
- Attend events & conferences
- MacBook Pro and other Apple products provided
- A monthly Storenvy Marketplace shopping allowance
- Millions of people using your software
- Responsibility and autonomy
- Get in early – be one of the first 5 employees
- Make a name for yourself by being a core team member of a very visible project
Location & Details
Storenvy is backed by leading VCs and is located in the heart of San Francisco, California. You must be in the Bay Area or be willing to relocate (we’ll help!). Remote candidates will not be considered.
To apply: Send a bio or resume with a list of links to the projects you’re most proud of accompanied by a description and the role you played as well as any applicable code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Twitter and GitHub accounts.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
233 total views, 1 today